I love edge.
I also love strappy body-hugging things.
I don’t wear them super often, but when I do, I feel my zealous woman powers come out — one hundred per cent femme fatale!
“I got gloss on my lips (lips), a man on my hips (hips)
Hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans
Acting up (up), drink in my cup (cup)
I can care less what you think”
So you can imagine how a large grin spread across my face when I stumbled across these amazing harnesses by Norweigan Wood on Kingdom of Style. I cannot stop thinking about all the sexy/edgy possibilities!
Made by Canadian seamstress Angie Johnson who learned to sew from a combo of school and motherly influence, these creations are nothing short of inspired.
Prior to starting Norwegian Wood the Montreal native worked in the mainstream fashion industry for eight years, but has since released herself to work on Norwegian Wood full time.
I really can’t stop picturing myself in these. What a strapping young lady I would be. Hmah!
These harnesses would make even the most wallflowery of girls strut insane, with the glow of the limelight reflecting off her varnished lips.
Also I’m a huge fan of the harness-over-t-shirt look. Casual dominance. I like it.
And check out some of her other inspiring creations:
She crafts her wares from vintage and new fabrics, and, in her own words, “various trims and other bits that I dig up in strange little stores throughout the mysterious city of Montreal.”
Just LOVING the pocket-protector-meets-tribal-embellishment look. Big fan of leatherwork over here.
These creations are so inspiring all I wanna do is picture myself dancing in them allnightlong.
You will see what I mean.
1. Delphic – Doubt (Riton Remix)
2. Chris Lake & Lys – La Tromba (Stupid Fresh’s We Announce The Remix)
3. Starkillers – Bitch Ass Trick
4. Britney Spears – 3 (Wolfgang Gartner Remix)
5. Luvstuff vs Alena – Turn It Around (Lazy Rich Remix)
6. Junior Senior – Move Your Feet (DJ Nejtrino + DJ Stranger Remix)
7. Pascal and Pearce – Disko Biskit
8. Tittsworth feat Kid Sister & Paserock – WTF (Tim Healy & Deekline Remix)
9. Jon-E Industry – Skanky Sandwiches
10. Binkers – Do It Right (Calvertron’s 59 Fifty Remix)
11. Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Relax (Spencer & Hill Remix)
12. Mike Snow – Animal (Fake Blood Remix)
13. DJ Dan – Tribute To Voodoo Ray
14. Chase & Status – Eastern Jam (Kyle Watson Remix)
15. Fake Blood – Mars (Jack Beats Remix)
16. AC Slater – Play The Record Again
17. Agnes – Release Me (Moguai Remix)
18. Stanton Warriors – Precinct (Plump DJs Remix)
19. Laidback Luke, Lee Mortimer – Blau!
20. Fatboy Slim – Praise You (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
21. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix)
22. Splitloop – Party People
23. Mightyfools – Hoo Haa
Photos courtesy of kingdomofstyle.typepad.co.uk and etsy.com/shop/iheartnorwegianwood.